Saturday, December 10, 2011

Elf On The Shelf...

Have any of you heard of the "Elf On The Shelf"?  I had never heard of it until this year, when all of a sudden it seemed like EVERYONE I know was talking about it on Facebook.  I kept thinking, what are they talking about!??


That's where google came in! According to the elf on the shelf website, it's and book and "elf doll" combo.  You'r supposed to adopt an elf, then read the story to your children and the elf then comes to visit, and reports back to Santa who has been naughty and who has been nice.  The parents role in all this is that they're supposed to hide the elf in fun places so the kids think he's spying on them.  Also, according to the website, Elf's like to play games, so they hide in fun spots (which means more work for me)!


I read this blog on the Elf on the shelf and I think she sums it up perfectly!  She talks about how some moms make their elves be naughty and leave messes in the middle of the night.  And I couldn't agree more when she says: "Why in the world would I make my Elf do something like that?  I'm the one who has to clean up his mess and redecorate my tree!  All so my kid could ooh and ahh over the magic of the Elf for about 3 minutes until the next shiny object caught their eye?  I decided these women were insane."   




After hearing about this whole Elf On The Shelf business, I don't feel so bad for not getting my kids one.  It sounds like a lot of work if you ask me!  I know I woudn't remember to do any of it... and my kids would be over it in a whole 5 minutes!  They are all ready over the whole "you know Santa's watching you" business anyways!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us