Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve...


  Keeping in tune with today's Blog Dare topic, I would like to talk about New Years Eve- and drunk driving....this is going to be my last post, besides my scheduled posts, until after the New Year.





Drunk Driving Fact:

One person is killed every HALF HOUR due to a drunk driving related accident!



  According to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) drunk driving related crashes rise greatly between the two week period surrounding Christmas and New Years Eve.  On an average day, there are 36 fatalities everyday on American roadways... During Christmas this rises to 45 avg daily fatalities, and rises even higer, to 54 avg daily fatalities on New Years Eve (source: 2007 report from NHTSA)


  
  Driver education and campagins have made it so that drunk driving is less socially acceptable and is becoming less common, but there is still a long way to go.  M.A.D.D (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) estimates that "an average drunk driver has driven drunk almost 80 times before their first arrest!!" and that almost 10,839 people will die this year alone from drunk driving crashes- that is one person EVERY 50 MINUTES!

PLEASE drink responsibly this year... not just around the holidays, but ALL YEAR LONG... you could be saving a life by doing so!

Understanding .08...  head on over to M.A.D.D.'s website and check out their chart on the effects alcohol has on your body and driving.

Hope everyone has a GREAT New Years Eve!!!  See you in 2012!





About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us