Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Mother's Love...

Photo courtsey of: Huffington Post
17 year old Jenni Lake gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on November 9th and 12 days later passed away.

The teen was diagnosed with stage three astrocytoma on October 15 2010 after an MRI was given due to complaints of headaches, which turned up three tumors on her brain, and three on her spine.  

Photo Courtsey Of: Gimmemo
After months of chemotherapy, Jenni's tumors began to shrink and her family began to hope that she would recover.  Shortly after, Jenni found out she was 10 weeks pregnant and refused treatment for her cancer.   Her boyfriend was quoted saying "we were told she couldn't have kids, so we didn't worry about it"

Only one day after giving birth to her baby, Jenni found out due to her refusing treatment the cancer had spread.  Throughout her final stages of pregnancy Jenni lost most of her vision.  She was barely even able to see her baby after her was born.  

This is such a sad story.  I think it's so brave of any mom to do that... but also so very sad.  To go through her whole pregnancy knowing  she won't be around to raise her baby boy or see any of his milestones.  I couldn't even imagine....

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us