Monday, January 16, 2012

Blog Dare 2012: Day 16

Today's Topic: I convinced my children to...{or in this case, I TRIED to convince him..}

My 5 year old is such an easy going little boy.  He (normally) listens well when directed to do something, and I got SO lucky... he LOVES healthy foods!  He would chose healthy veggies or fruits over snacks any day! My 3 year old though...well he's another story!!  He is so stubborn, and he HATES veggies and even some fruits!  

The other day I was making dinner and made some broccoli to go with it.  We have a rule in the house that they at least have to TRY whats put on their plate...normally my 3 year old is more open to this rule and will say "try it, and you'll like it!"  but on this day... not so much!


I tried everything I could think of to get him to TRY this broccoli, he refused!  Even my 5 year old was trying to help me by feeding it to him and making train sounds, his lips were sealed!!  I even resorted to "I'll give you a treat if you try it!!"  NOPE.  He countered with "broccoli is poison" {Thanks Mars Needs Moms for that one!}

What do you do when your child doesn't want to eat something?




I'm Participating in...

a mom blog community

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

3 comments:

  1. lol...broccoli is posion... at least he had a good reason to not want to try it with that sort of thinking. :)

    I struggle constantly with my 9 year old when it comes to eating healthy, my toddler on the other hand, is a health nut. :)

    http://carrigansjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that funny how they can be such opposites? I always joke and say I could make my boys one plate and they'd split it up.. the 3yr old would eat the meat, the 5yr old would eat all the veggies... unless there's potatoes on there...neither of them like those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - broccoli is poison... love it! haven't seen that movie - sounds like i'd best keep my little man away from it!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us