Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog Dare 2012: Day 24

Today's Topic: My Grandparents House...

a mom blog community

It's funny that this is the prompt for today!  Last night I was sitting with my 5 year old talking to him before bed, and I leaned in to give him a hug & kiss and the smell of his soap triggered this memory from when I was little:


On New Years Eve, we went over to my grandparents house, ate dinner {I remember my Grandma's goulash being soooo good!!}  then we went into their basement and watched movies and played with our toys.  We asked to stay up to watch the ball drop {which probably never happened!} and then I remember asking to sleep on the floor... my grandpa laughed and said it wasn't good for my back to sleep on the floor, but ended up letting me and my brother get pillows and blankets and sleep on the floor anyways.

I don't remember too many other times sleeping over there, but for some reason I remember New Years Eve's so well!  I love that I still remember because my Grandpa is in them!  He died when we were really young so I don't have very many vivid/dream-like memories of him..just what people tell me about him!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

3 comments:

  1. I love the memories. They never seem to end. Sounds like you had a great time that night so it sticks with you. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird how a smell can bring back a vivid memory!!

    Connie
    http://www.peanutbutterandwhine.com/2012/01/blog-dare-my-grandparents-house.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us