Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog Dare 2012 Day 31

Today's Topic: A Few Ways I Can Help Someone Else This Year..


I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  I am not working and would love to get more involved in the community.


I have been tossing around {and praying like crazy about it} and I really feel like I need to do something... but what?


I have two ideas that I am thinking about doing {maybe both?}  



  1. Our church partners with a local food pantry that serves dinner to families in need.  They do things a little bit differently though... instead of serving food in a cafeteria style fashion, their volunteers actually SERVE {restaurant style} the families that come!!  I love this!!!  
  2. I had mentioned in my bucket list post, I really would like to volunteer at Safe Haven Ministries.  Safe Haven Ministries offers confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence, support groups, individual counseling, and advocacy for women and children who do not require shelter, and prevention and outreach programs for the entire community.  I have a strong feelings on this subject and would love to learn more and help more.
Domestic abuse is more than a family issue, it's a community issue.

*On average, more than three women A DAY are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends in the US!

*One in three adolescent girls in the US are victim of abuse from a dating partner.  This figure FAR exceeds victimization rates for other types of violence affecting teens.

*275 million children worldwide are exposed to violence in the home.





About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us