Sunday, January 8, 2012

BlogDare 2012: Day 8

Today's Topic: Too Much Television...

Recently I read an article about how too much television and little exercise can be tied to depression in older women.

According to an article published in The American Journal of Epidemiology, researchers found that women who reported exercising were 20% less likely to get depression than those who don't... but the more often they watch television the higher their risk was to get depression.

The study included 50,000 women over a period of 8 years (1992-2000).  The participants were required to record the amount of time they spent watching tv, walking running or swimming during that time frame.  They were also required to report any new diagnosis of clinical depression and medication to treat it.

The researcher did state that it is possible that some women were expressing some signs of depression before they were diagnosed, which caused them to stop exercising. 




I'm participating in....
a mom blog community

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

4 comments:

  1. I can see it! Too much television can't be good at all. I know if I watch too much, I just do not feel like doing anything that day. But exercising gives me the exact opposite effect. It is just hard to find a good balance sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! I know when I start my day with even just a nice walk, I feel so much better than if I start it vegging in bed or even on the computer! That's why I try to limit my online/tv time to at night after I've done everything I need to for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, already a GFC follower, so i followed via G+. Have a great week and also thanks for linking up in Exposure 99% weekday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us