Sunday, January 1, 2012

Google Friend Connect Leaving?





Word on the street is that Goolge Friend Connect will no longer be available as of March 2012, and Google wants everyone to start using Google +...

HOWEVER, from everything that I'm reading, GFC is only leaving to those who do not have a blogger account... so if you have a blogger account (blogspot.com), then your safe, and so is your fan base!

Lots of bloggers are very upset over this, they will be losing a big chunk of how their fans connect with them because of this.

I recently combined my Google+ and Blogger profiles together.  Google said I have 30 days to try it and if I don't like it I can switch back, so I'll give it a shot... not too sure about it though.  I don't like change or having to learn new things.  I was happy to see that my blogger page stayed the same when I signed back in after connecting the two.


What do you think about GFC leaving?  Will it affect your fan base?






About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

5 comments:

  1. I have blogger, so I'm not too worried about it :) Thanks for following my blog, following you back! Have a great week!

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by. I'm following u bk too and am on blogger as well :) I've got a Gplus account and GFC so am fine with watever people choose haha... to me, it's not just about the number of followers, but really the number of return visitors :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in weekly: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true there! Doesn't really matter if you have thousands of followers if none of them visit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest GFC follower. I'm stopping by from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog.

    I welcome the change and I'm confident that readers will return if they like the content. The best thing any blogger can do is to inform their readers of the changes so they have the opportunity to follow another way. Thanks for this post.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ~Debra
    http://debrasdollars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good info-I hadn't heard about it! I'm now following you (via GFC) and hope you visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us