Friday, January 13, 2012

In The News...




I recently read an article about a 14 year old girl in TX who is now going through a court battle...against her own family, to have the right to chose to keep her baby.  Her parents have physically assaulted her trying to get her to get an abortion.  Her cousin grabbed her by the neck, hit her in the jaw and threatened to beat her if she didn't get an abortion. 

Family members of the girl that appeared in court said the girl is mentally unstable and incapable of raising a baby.

 Instead of extending the restraining order until the birth of her baby, a judge extended it two more weeks and appointed a guardian.  The counselor will advise the courts what he feels is in the girls best interest.  

There are a lot of things wrong with this whole situation... this poor girl's family is trying to force her to do something she doesn't want to do.  Ok, so she's pregnant and wants to keep the baby... if you don't want to raise the baby (because let's face it, she's 14, she's going to need help) then kick her out on the streets where she can find someone else to help her, don't try to force her to do something that will just make her hate you more!


So what do you think...is a 14 year old  too young to decide for herself to keep a baby?

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, crazy, totally agree with you, kick her out and let her figure it out herself if you are that set against it. To force anyone to do something like that is wild and sad for the poor girl who is obviously in that situation due to lack of parental support anyway. Sad :( Thanks for following, I love your background! I am not hip enough to figure out how to do something cool like that yet! Look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely pro-life, (and I don't want any arguments about people's choices....) but I think she should at least give the baby up for adoption. I think that she's wayyyy too young to have a baby, and WAYYY too young for sex. I understand her family thinks that it's the right choice for her to have an abortion because she's too young, but why not adoption? There's always adoption....always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly..when reading about this, I did try to put myself in the parents shoes as well. I have a friend who has a 16 year old daughter who has put her through HELL, no other word for it, and keeps getting pregnant. I don't doubt at all that this girl is an innocent girl- i mean she's 14 and pregnant, but even so, her parents shouldn't be forcing her to do something like that. & You're right, there is always adoption. If there is such an issue with her keeping the child, then kick her out or give her other choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us