Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Interview...

I recently had the opportunity to interview Crystal Cavalier, founder of Support Our Arthritic Kids INC. and 2011 Army Spouse wife of the year!


What is your name and tell us about yourself... My name is Crystal Cavalier, I am the 2011 Army Spouse of the Year. I am married and the mother of three sweet kids. I work full time and go to graduate school full time. 
 

Tell us about your organization... Support Our Arthritic Kids, Inc. www.supportourarthritickids.com is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Support Our Arthritic Kids was formed in August 2010. It was developed to support the families of children affected with Juvenile Arthritis and the lack of public awareness about juvenile arthritis, and by the lack of advocacy for arthritis patients.  We believe that if the community such as teachers, parents, pediatricians are made aware that arthritis is more than “a few sore joints” and that arthritis strikes children, teenagers and young adults;  money will be contributed to arthritis research. 


Support Our Arthritic Kids is headquartered in Cameron, North Carolina, and is evolving into a major nonprofit. The organization currently provides services to all families of children with Juvenile Arthritis and especially to military families across the nation.  We need to develop and foster further education and awareness at all levels that juvenile arthritis is a serious and debilitating disease for children as well as adults.  Heightened awareness and education are the keys to recognizing the symptoms of juvenile arthritis and ensuring the pursuit of the best treatment plans.


What inspired you to start this organization? I founded this organization on behalf of educating parents, doctors and children about Juvenile Arthritis. My daugther was stricken with this illness at the age of 8, and she's 10 now. She is on 3 injections a week of (Methotrexate and Enbrel), she has had 5 sterile joint injections. She used to participate in Competition Cheerleading.


What book are you currently reading? Condoleeza Rice's New Memoir "No Higher Honor"


Where do you see your organization in the next year? Well in the next year I would like to get the foundation up and running, doing events, hosting community fairs, and workshops at local libraries. 
Five years?  In five years I really hope to be successfully starting to hire staff to help run the organization reaching out and building up across the nation so people can recognize SOAK and know oh that's about the juvenile arthritis. 
Ten years? In Ten Years, I would love to be hosting annual conferences for SOAK, and starting a scholarship for families, and the Team Cate Scholarship for Youth, who dream to go to college.


What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Well I do enjoy making stain glass window panes, beading bracelets, and making ornaments.


What are 5 goals you have for your organization? (1) To raise at least $100,000 for the organization in the first year, (2) to raise awareness in peditricans about the signs and symptoms of Juvenile Arthritis, (3) host a annual bicycle ride for SOAK (4) Gain notability 
And for yourself? (1) Graduate with a 2nd Master's in International Relations (2) work in one of the national security organizations for the federal government (3) pray more together as a family (4) try to volunteer more and make a difference (5) meet the president


What is your contact information? Crystal Cavalier - info@ncsoak.org, 910-722-9459,www.supportourarthritickids.com or www.ncsoak.org


Is there anything else you would like our readers to know about you or your organization? I also have a blog called Army Tankers Wife (www.armytankerswife.com) would love to have new readers stopping by!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us