Thursday, January 19, 2012

Toddler Time: Dancing Raisins!






I recently seen a cool experiment done by Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas and we decided to try it!!!

Dancing Raisins
 You will need:
Clear soda such as Sprite 
Clear empty bottles 
Raisins-as many or little as you want

First you are going to pour some soda into the empty bottles/cup.  I poured them about 1/2 way full.

Next let the kids drop their raisins in!
Our raisins dropped all the way to the bottom and sat there for a minute, the kids looked at me like I was crazy, then all of a sudden the raisins started floating back up to the top...and some even went up and down very fast!



Why does it do this?  The soda has carbon dioxide that forms gas bubbles.  Those bubbles attach to the raisins and make them float!!  When the bubbles pop, the raisins fall to the bottom...this makes it look like the raisins are dancing!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us