Thursday, January 26, 2012

Toddler TIme

Today, I was on the computer and my 3 year old was being really whiny. We were at my parents house waiting for my oldest to get out of school and normally he ditches me completely while we're there, so that's my computer time until after they are in bed... well he wasn't doing that today


 So I finally gave up, threw the blanket we had on our laps over our heads and yelled "OMG WYATTT!!!! There's a bear in this cave do you see it!?  Quick, what do bears eat!?"  He looked at me like I was nuts, then said "OHH they eat grass and dirt! I have some right here!{pretended to pull it from his pocket}"  I said "Bears don't eat that, now he's mad!!  He's going to get us!  Do you have any big fish? They like fish!"....this went on for a good 15 minutes, after the bears {yes another one came to get us!} went away a dragon came, lol. 


I love encouraging my kids to use their imagination... they don't need a computer game or TV to have fun!  We did end up getting on youtube after we were done playing and watched the video below, which he now LOVES!  He asked me to play it over and over again.  We did all the hand motions and even got up and jogged in place in some parts!  I think his favorite part was the eyes towards the end =)



If you're looking for a fun activity to do with your kids this week, I am going to suggest heading on over to I'd Rather Be Changing Diapers and view my guest post on her page for a super fun lunch/dinner idea!  Or check out my Sock Puppet Saturday for a fun craft idea!!


About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. sounds so fun! we soooo love i'm going on a bear hunt! not sure we'll outgrow that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great game! I actually Pinned your sock puppet idea too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us