Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight

Today's Sponsor Spotlight is all about Scattered Musings of a Creative Mind!  Deb's blog features a little bit of everything- reviews, recipes, crafts and more!! One of my favorite recent posts of her's is the Zulily Inspired DIY Project! These long sleeved onesie's are so darn cute!!  I hope someone in our family has a girl soon so I can have a reason to try this out! 


Q: When did you start your blog and why? 
A: Scattered Musings of A Creative Mind was born in late summer of 2010. I have always been a journal writer, and noticed one day I had many of them neatly lined up on a shelf in my craft room. (my sanctuary) As I sat there looking at the pretty ribbons that tied them, I realized that no one had read them and probably wouldn’t until after my days were done. Many were filled with love poems, letters to my children, dreams, and real life experiences. I put my last full hand written journal on the shelf  and started SMOACM.  
Q: What's your favorite thing about blogging?A: I would have to say that my favorite thing about blogging is how far and wide it’s seen. I can write a poem, craft tutorial, product review and later see that someone from another country has read it, liked it and might be trying to do a craft I shared on my blog. It feels great to know that I might have helped someone, feel crafty, understand they aren’t the only one, or just brightened their day. Yes we all have family and friends and contacts in our “real –world” but being able to reach out to someone miles away is pretty darn amazing.

Q: What book are you currently reading?A: I just finished reading Frequent Traveller by Pandora Pandora Poikilos, I can never go from one book straight into another. I won’t start another one for a couple of weeks. Honestly I don’t like ending a story and often will put the book down for a week or two then go back. I still don’t know the ending to the Twilight series. LOL

Q: What's the hardest thing about blogging for you? 
A:  The hardest part I’ve encountered about blogging is I often get wrapped up into a blog I am reading. As I said above when I started blogging I often shared life experiences, of course if you write about certain things your readers in most cases will/have written about a similar event. I found myself wanting to help in ways I couldn’t, it’s frustrating to see someone hurting and not be able to help them. 

Q: What is your favorite tv show? 
A: I am not really a TV show person, I am more of a series type woman. I love TrueBlood, Camelot, Tudors, Borigas, Game of Thorns. I think I see a theme there. I have been known to watch, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, oh… and I love Mike and Molly.
Ha! I guess I watch more TV than I thought.

Q: So far, what is your favorite blog post that you've written? A: I am a thinker, and probably over analyze a situation too much. I think some of my favorites are articles that I did research, and my own testing, experimenting on. Like many of my SEO articles, and reviews I’ve actually spent time implementing, testing, etc. before I wrote the article. I also love my dreams and poems I’ve shared.

Q: What's one thing you wish you knew how to do? A: I am not a wisher, I normally think and then do. I can’t remember a time that I’d wished for something without just doing it. If I don’t fully accomplish or learn what I’ve “wished” for, it’s perfectly fine with me. It’s less of a disappointment than waiting for a wish that might not happen. I believe in dreaming big, but wishing for things that you know you can accomplish. (weird? Maybe?)

Q: What is your favorite food/meal?A: I love hot and spicy.

Q: Is there anything else you'd like to share with us? A: I could probably talk everyone’s ears off. I tend to get long winded when writing something that I am passionate about, including comments. I feel that if I am going to take the time to read someone’s article, they deserve to know how it affected me or my thoughts on it. I also make use of my time while visiting a blog. By tweeting, sharing (every network we have in common), I will also make sure I’ve added them (too all the networks we have in common). I love looking at other’s badges/buttons and seeing if they have a button/badge share program. If they do I send them an email and offer an exchange. If they are a part of any of the voting groups, or have an Alexa review button I also take a couple minutes to vote and write a review. It only takes about another 2 minutes of my time and it’s nice to help out a fellow blogger.  



About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us