Monday, March 26, 2012

Bedtimes...

My friends and family are always making comments about how I make my kids go to bed so early.

First off let me start by saying- I really don't think their bedtime is that early...they go to bed between 7 and 8pm.  We have to leave our house by 7:15am to bring Brother to school, which means that we are usually up by 6:00-6:30am to get ready...that's 10 hours of sleep, IF they fall asleep right at 8pm, which they usually don't.

Secondly, I love my kids so much, but I am also with them non stop from 6am until their bed time...I feel like I deserve a little bit of alone time.  I usually go to bed around 10-11pm unless I have something I have to do before bed.  If I didn't have that time to myself, I would probably go crazy!  That's my blogging time, TV time...just all around catch up time.

So it got me thinking...how many adults have a their own after "bedtime routines"?  I find that I do better when I have a routine to my day...and now that I think about it, my night too!  It helps me to relax, and knowing that I will have a guaranteed couple of hours at night to unwind and prepare for the next day helps.


Do you have a "bedtime" routine for yourself, or do you just wing it?


Photobucket

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

4 comments:

  1. Nichole, when my kiddies were little they were in bed by 8:00/8:30. Like you I needed at least an hour of me time before bed. (shower, bath, heck pee in peace for that matter) I don't think its wrong or w/e to do this.

    But the other day I was talking to my daughter, and she mentioned she put my grand daughter to bed at 7:30/8:00. I felt so bad for her (my grand baby)I was like wow Dani (my daughter) that's to early. Then I had to stop myself and remember I did the same thing. I don't know maybe hearing it out loud sounds worse? Or maybe I am just being an over protective grandma...

    I don't really have a "set in stone" routine. But I do love to cuddle up next to the hub's and watch one of our Tevo'd shows. We always end up falling asleep thou lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest (3) goes to bed around 7:30ish. My oldest (8) goes to bed around 8:30. i don't feel guilty about putting them to bed then. There are nights when I feel completely wrung out after they are both in bed. I definitely need that down time after they are in bed for me and for time with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are in bed at 8:30-9...BUT that is because I am a morning person. I go to sleep not too much after they do...I know I am soooo old. Seriously. BUT, I get up around 5;30...I am such an early bird. I do all my bloggy stuff first thing in the morning over coffee...starts the day off right for me. When my big kids were little, Steve was in school during the day and worked nights and I put the kids to bed at 7 because I SO needed the break because I didn't have help. Nothing wrong with a bed time. The bottom line is, kids thrive on routine no matter what the routine is. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids share a bedroom so they HAVE to go to bed at the same time. Lights out at 9pm. But, when they were little, bedtime was 7pm and I always got comments such as "why so early?" or "let them have some fun!".

    I need my time too... I like to read, watch tv, pretend to work out, and I sew like a mad woman between 9pm and 11pm to restock items in my online store. I'm looking at the pic here and thinking... "when was the last time I had a bath where I didn't have to scrub out the tub first?"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us