Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do You Foursquare?

I am not a big fan of change.  I am always one of the last people to get the "newest thing"...by the time I get it, it's old..there is at least one or two upgrades to whatever it is {especially phones!}

Social media networks is another prime example...there are some I've never even hard of before!  I was on myspace for a LONG time until I realized Facebook was the "new thing".  I still don't really get the point of twitter...and now their is foursquare.



I signed up because I have an android phone now, and someone told me to...but all this week I've been trying to wrap my finger about the POINT of it?  There are some good things about it... like if I don't like a place I can put it on there and "everyone" {my whole two followers} will see it.  Maybe that was the reason it was developed...



But it's kind of creepy don't you think?  I mean...I don't really know that I want EVERYONE {again, my two followers} to know where I am at at all times...of course I suppose it would have come in handy when I was lost and didn't know it...but then Husband would have to be on foursquare, and actually check it right?  And he's even further behind on the times than I am!


I have found an advantage though...some business' offer discounts for checking in there... like yesterday I was at Goodwill and checked in, I got $2 off my purchase of $10 or more!  Sweet!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's kinda fun. I can see how it could be a little stalkerish and the photos are really funny, but I like it. It's kinda cool to see what your friends are up to and it's neat to rack up as many points as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley- I don't get the point of it, and yet, I can't stop checking in?! I am tied with you now on points, lol!

    And wait, there's photos!? I wish I had more friends on there, it'd probably be more fun if I did. Do you know if non-friends can see your check ins? That's what I'm worried about..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foursquare is much more fun when a lot of local friends use it too. If I check in somewhere and a friend sees it they can meet up with me, or if a friend is at a new place you've been meaning to try, you can ask them about it. It was also fun when my sister was traveling, I got to see all the cool places she was visiting. Just another way of connecting with people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us