Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My First Time...

...getting a pedicure silly! 


You're probably not going to believe it, but I got my first ever pedicure last year!  Yeah, crazy right!?

My sister in law and I decided that we were going to make what was a family day, a girls day and left all the kids with the husbands and went for a pedicure.  OMG, it was heaven!!!  I thought it would be weird {which is why I never did it before} because I hate people touching my feet but it wasn't!!  With spring finally here, my feet are screaming for another pedicure!!!

But how do you know that you are safe from infection and disease when you go in to get your pedicure?  Yes it is a serious thing, many diseases can be spread so easily if the salon doesn't take the proper precautions, and your health is something you should take seriously!



That doesn't mean you can't go enjoy yourself, just make sure to pay attention to some little things before hand! & Remember, cheaper isn't always better!

  • Did they spray & clean the tub after the last person left?  This is sooo important!  Tubs should be sprayed and re-ran with hospital grade disinfectant after EACH USE, and then dried with clean towels.  Chairs should be wiped down with disinfectant as well.

  • Did they pull their tools from a drawer?  Unless you SEE their tools soaking in a blueish colored "water" or something labeled barbicide, they are not clean!  Alcohol is NOT strong enough to sterilize their tools.  They should clean their tools in front of you both before and after your appointment.  All it takes is a little clip of toenail & skin from the previous client for an infection to spread between the two of you.

  • Are they licensed? You should not be receiving any services by someone who is not licensed as a nail technician or esthetician. Licensed nail technician's have to learn the proper ways to prevent infections and nail care.  Did you know that if your nails are cared for improperly, you could get an ingrown toe nail?

  • Do you get a good feel of the environment? If you ever get a weird feeling walking in somewhere, or question weather the tools or establishment has been clean properly, DO NOT hesitate to question them or walk out!

Photobucket

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. I used to get my nails done all the time (before kids) and I have gotten a pedicure maybe once every other year since kids...then I watched a 20/20 episode on the nasty infections...it is serious! I actually wondered how you would know, so thankyou! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I've never had one done!! :) Would love to though. Great suggestions! Maybe this will be my year.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us