Thursday, March 29, 2012

Toddler Time: Spring Break Activities

Photobucket

I am not going to lie, I've probably been looking forward to spring break more than Brother has!  One week off of school means one week of the boys actually being able to sleep in until they are fully rested!  Maybe they will both stop being crabby!!  Hopefully Husband will be able to be back in town by then too!

As much as I am looking forward to a week of not having to get up at 6:00am to get the boys up ready, I am also dreading a week of them being bored!  Of course...not with this mommy at the wheel!

So here's some fun ideas I've come up with to keep the kiddies entertained during spring break!  I can't count on the weather being nice, so I've made plans for both indoor and outdoor activities

Family Picnic: Brother has been bugging to go for a picnic!  We just love to pack up a nice big lunch, head over to the park/woods near our house, go for a nice long hike and then set up a nice lunch & play on the playground!  Of course, you don't have to go far to have a nice picnic!  Just head out to your backyard with a blanket and a nice packed lunch!  The kids will still think it's just as fun!!

photo credit

Zoo Trip: Although our zoo is under construction, it's still a fun way to get out of the house, weather permitting of course!

Plant a Garden I don't think we'll be able to do this during Spring Break, but it is on my list of ideas to do with the boys, so I figured I'd share it for those who don't have to worry about Frost Advisories!  We may start a few plants from seed inside, but I'm not sure yet!  We had so much fun doing our small veggie garden last year, the kids helped me from beginning to end, and it was so fun to see their faces each day going out to check to see how their plants were growing!

photo credit


Decorate Easter Eggs: Since spring break is so close to Easter, we'll be decorating Easter eggs, and probably doing an Easter egg hunt too!  You can also check local churches, I know around here, a lot of them put together an Easter egg hunt & other activities open to the community.  We will be attending the one at our church on Saturday.

Movies: Be sure to check with your local movie theatre, a lot of them have a certain kids movie each week that they offer for free! It's supposed to be cold and rainy tomorrow, so we're going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked for free!!

Do you have anything planned for Spring Break?

Photobucket

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us