Saturday, March 3, 2012

You Tell Me...

So today my friend and I took our kids to the Kroc center, which is a gym and pool and.. total awesomeness!  I can't believe that I JUST found out about this place today!!

So here's what I want to know... How old is too old for your child {of the opposite sex} to go into the locker room with you?



My son is only 5, and I feel that's too young for him to go into a separate locker room by himself, but it got me thinking...what age would be considered too old?  I made him change in a bathroom stall and then wait by the door to the pool while my friend and her daughters changed because I didn't feel it was appropriate for him to watch them change...I also made Wyatt {3} do the same.

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. I've got girls so this isn't something I have to think about a whole lot but I've had boys, I think the oldest was maybe 6, in the locker room while my girls & I are changing & honestly wasn't bothered by it. I didn't change infront of them nor did I let my girls. I guess I looked at it like if they were my boys I wouldn't let them go into a seperate changing room at that age. Maybe 7 or 8 but not 6 & under.

    Question for you... Where is it that you live? We have a Kroc Center where I live & I thought it was specific to my area? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichole, tough one huh? Being the protective mom that I am (still with my youngest being 12) :P I don't think my guys were allowed in locker rooms/men's restrooms alone until they were about 8. Maybe I am naive or ?? But up until about 9 my boys seemed oblivious to their surrounding like locker rooms, bathrooms etc. I didn't feel awkward with them in those areas until they were about 8. It's good that you had them changing in a stall, teaches a bit of modesty.

    I think the more natural you act in those situations the more likely they are to pay attention to anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us