Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cooking With Choley: Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I have been obsessed with cupcakes lately!!  I have a ton of awesome recipes that I've been dying to try...so I decided to start on some last weekend!  I made a lot of cupcakes {4 dozen  cupcakes to be exact!}  Here's a recipe for one of my new favorite cupcakes...

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
You will need...
For the cake
1 box white cake mix
3/4 frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed out
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites

First, Preheat oven to 350, put cupcake liners in the muffin tins.

Combine all of the cake ingredients {first 5 ingredients} in a mixing bowl.  Using your electric mixer, mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed for an additional minute. 

Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.

Bake @ 350 for about 18 minutes {baking times vary based on your oven!}.  Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.


Pink Lemonade Frosting
For the frosting...
1 stick {1/2 cup} butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tbsp pink lemonade concentrate
red and/or yellow food coloring 

Combine butter and shortening in large mixing bowl, use hand or stand mixer to cream butter and shortening on high speed for about 3 minutes, or until light in color.

Add powdered sugar {I did this one cup at a time, mixing it together a little before I put the next cup in}  

Mix on low for 30 seconds, then increasing the speed speed to medium for an additional minute or until sugar is incorporated.

Add 2-4 tbsp of pink lemonade concentrate and mix on high until light and fluffy looking.

I used a wilton 21 tip for the decorating.
You can follow Cooking With Choley's blog here, facebook page here, and twitter page here!



About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. We are lemonade lovers over here! I think we might try this out this weekend! Thankyou so much for the recipe, I am sooo excited! They are beautiful too! These would be great for a summer baby shower or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so you know me, I don't normally do stuff like this, but this seemed fun. so tag you're it! http://bbunchmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-youre-it.html xoxo-Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us