Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday's Fun Facts

Today is Friday the 13th!  Are you superstitious?!  



{}Did you know that last year there was only one Friday the 13th last year {May 13,2011} but there are 3 this year!? {January, April and July}  But get this..the dates all fall 13 weeks apart!  Creepy right!?



{}Paraskavedekattriaphobia {that's a mouth full righ!?} is the scientific term for fear of Friday the 13th.  Triskaidekaphobia is the scientific term for fear of the number 13.

{}According to Dr. Donald Dossey {psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of phobias} suggests that as many as 21 million Americans suffer from fear of Friday the 13th.



Superstitious "Facts":
  • If 13 people sit down to dinner, one will die within one year.  
  • Many cities don't have a 13th street or avenue
  • Many buildings {like hospitals} don't have a 13th floor
  • If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devils luck
  • Jack The Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their name.
  • Never change your bed on Friday, it will bring bad dreams
  • Don't start a trip on Friday or you'll bring misfortune
  • Ships that set sail on a Friday will have bad luck.
Have you heard of the tale of the H.M.S Friday?  100 years ago the British government wanted to squash the theory that ships that set sail on Friday's will have bad luck, so they commissioned a special boat and named it H.M.S. Friday.  They launched her on a Friday, selected her crew on a Friday, hired a man named Jim Friday to be the captain, and she embarked on her maiden voyage on Friday....and the ship was never heard from again! {disclaimer: so it turns out after I did a little further research, it's possible this story isn't true, and I debated about taking it out all together, but it's kind of creepy, so I'm leaving it just in case it is real!}





About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! There's 13 letters in my first and last name! Bad luck for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us