Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket


Husband is going to be gone again this week, so it's going to be kid friendly, again.  Kinda getting sick of it!  I want to cook a nice big meal again!!  Normally, when I cook big meals, like steak or pork chops, I still end up having to cook something different for the boys...so if Husband isn't home, there's no point in making a big meal that they won't eat.

Monday: taco night
Tuesday: chicken nuggets & fries
Wednesday: grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup
Thursday: pizza night
Friday: crockpot chicken, mashed potatoes and stuffing {Husbands favorite!}


Photobucket

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy.. I am trying to figure out my meal plan this week for a family of 5..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll come over for the chicken nugget night! :)

    Hope all is well, stop by and enter in my giveaways when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet easy and delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my menu plan:

    Monday - Grilled portobello mushroom, eggplant, & red pepper with fig goat cheese panini with sweet potato fries

    Tuesday - Spicy chicken thighs with rhubarb salsa and roasted tomatoes/mini sweet peppers

    Wednesday - Chili glazed tofu with vegetable brown rice

    Thursday - Chicken with Thai peanut sauce, broccoli and brown rice

    Friday - Jamaican spiced tilapia, hearts of palm salad, black beans and baked plantains

    Saturday - Black bean burgers with chips and/or salad

    Sunday - Swedish meaballs with mashed potatoes & peas

    Out of my three kids, there's always one who complains about some component of our meal. I refuse to make a separate meal - and my hubby agrees - they either eat what was prepared or they don't eat.

    Oftentimes they complain just for the sake of complaining; once they actually sit down to eat they like it. If they don't like something I have them eat at least 3 bites and then they're allowed to leave it.

    When I plan the weekly menu I usually ask them for a meal suggestions... this week they chose the Chicken with Thai peanut sauce, the Black bean burgers and the Swedish meatballs... everything else was my choice. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us