Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bic Soleil Savvy Disposable Razor w/ Refill Cartidges #Review #imabzzagent

It's summer time and you know what that means right?

If you guessed time to start shaving again, you would be right, haha!!  {I actually do shave year round to help my skin stay moisturized in the winter}

I was recently sent a BZZkit to try the new BIC Soleil Savvy!


Every BIC Soleil Savvy package contains one disposable handle and four refillable cartridges.  The razor's handle has a really nice rubber grip!  Each blade cartridge features a triple blade head, lubricating strips with Vitamin E and a pivoting head that makes for a super close shave!

What makes the soleil savvy a little different is that the handle is actually disposable, so once you use your 4 cartridges, you dispose of the handle {because let's face it, then tend to wear out anyways!} and buy a new kit!  This makes for less garbage than your traditional razor, and less cost than your refillable ones!
Before trying the Soleil Savvy, I was actually using the BIC Soleil original, which is a disposable razor that comes in a package of four.  I thought I was getting a pretty good shave with them...but after trying the Savvy...I've changed my mind!!  Even Husband commented on smooth my legs were a couple days after shaving!

No matter what type of razor you are using, there are some general tips that you should remember when shaving!

Shave at night 
Shaving removes dead skin cells and the superficial layer of skin.  While it is healthy, it can reduce your skins defenses for at least a couple of hours.  If you shave at night, it will give your skin time to recover.

Shave Clean Skin
To help prevent infection and bumps, make sure your skin is perfectly clean before you shave.  Apply hot water beforehand or shave after showering.  Warm humidity increases the skins elasticity and softens your hair, making it easier to shave.

Apply shaving cream or gel
Always use shaving cream/gel with aloe vera when shaving, it's gentler on your skin than regular soap and can actually help lift hair.  Lather the cream/gel then leave it on for a couple minutes prior to shaving.  Once your hair is softened, the razor will actually glide more easily over your skin!

Always use a sharp blade
Change your blades regularly, especially if you have sensitive skin.  On sensitive areas like your bikini line and underarms, shaving with a dull blade can result in red spots.

To learn more shaving tips visit feelthesoleil.com and facebook.com/BICsoleil

The BIC Soleil Savvy is available at grocery stores, drug stores and mass retailers {like Walmart}.  Suggested retail price is $7.49.

Be sure to check facebook this weekend for a chance to win a $3.00 off coupon!


Disclaimer: This is not a paid or sponsored post.  I am a Bzzagent and I recieved a Bzzkit complete with product and coupons to share by being a member of Bzzagent.  My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and were not swayed in anyway.  My opinions may be different from others.

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us