Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Time Management for Moms

Do you ever feel like there's not enough time in your days?  

  It doesn't matter weather your a stay at home mom or a working mom, the hours just seem to fly by.  Last night after working until after 7pm, I came home to spend a few minutes with the boys and get them tucked into bed.  {Normally I don't work this late and actually have a few hours to spend with them, but that still doesn't feel like enough time....in fact, it seems no matter how much time I do have, it doesn't feel like enough anymore.}

Last night Brother and I were saying his prayers and {no joke} his prayer included "...and God please help mommy find the time to teach me more about math, I love math" =(  Which of course weighed so heavy on me last night, and this morning because once again we were up and running right away.

Brother suggested that maybe we spend some time doing math right after I get out of work...and I like that idea...so today that got me thinking...how can I make time for other things that I want to do, not even just mommy things...like one thing on my "new year" list is to spend 10-20 minutes everyday {quietly} with God- reading the bible, doing my bible study, etc.  So far my only solution to be able to add that into my day is to wake up earlier and do it before everyone else gets up.

So I've decided we need to have some time of schedule to our days, as short as they are! Here are 5 tips that I've come up with to help get on schedule:

  • Get a planner and use it faithfully.  It doesn't even have to be a pen and paper planner, it could be one of those time management apps on your smartphone!  I'm not sure which i am going to do yet, I think I might go "old school" and use a good old fashioned paper calendar!!
  • Create a flexible to-do list the night before.  There are a few different ways this can be done.  By the hour: 8am Devoution; 1:15 Doctors appointment; etc.  Or you could mark your to do list by importance: urgent, do to this week, to do this month, etc.  I think I am going to do the by the hour, with a "importance" twist added on there... by color coding the things that need to be done by importance.
  • Read your to do list first thing in the morning.  Before anything else gets done, read your to do list.  It may even help to read it before reading your bible...that way you can pray for God to help you stick to your list or help to order your steps throughout that day.
  • *No guilt as your day ends.* This will be my biggest challenge.  Not feeling guilty if I didn't get to everything on my to do list as my day ends.  It's not a big deal, just add it to the next day.  {which is also why I am going to color code by importance!}
  • Learn to say "NO"  Another big problem I have both personally and professionally is saying yes to everything then trying to fit it in somewhere.  I need to take a step back,  check my list and see if it allows for me to fit that in before agreeing to it!!


What types of things do you do that help with time management? Photobucket

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. If it wasnt for the calendar in outlook I would be lost. i sync to my iphone.

    I have the girls pick their clothes out the night before and I pack lunches after they go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Cozi app on my phone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us