Saturday, March 2, 2013

We Have Chickens!?!!

I swear, even though I grew up a "city girl"...I am a "country girl" at heart =)

Blogger Dad and I have been doing some research and have decided to try our hands at raising chickens!  I took the boys Friday night after work to pick them out....I was very overwhelmed!!  Blogger Dad and I were texting back and forth trying to decide on the best ones to get, and I decided (for us) that Rhode Island Reds were going to be the best for us....according to everything I read, they have a good temperment and are good in small flocks.  They are also good as either meat or egg birds....we're rising them for the eggs.  Both boys are so excited about us getting chicks!!  It was so awesome to see their faces when we picked them out and brought them home!



There's so much to know about raising chickens, and I am sure there are going to be many things that we're going to run across that we haven't read the answers to yet....this should be interesting to say the least!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us