Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love Challenge: Day 3

 
Welcome to Day 3 of your 7 Day Love Challenge.  Hopefully you are already starting to feel more of a connection with your spouse!  If not- don't worry!
 
This morning I was listening to the radio on my way into work and they told this story & I found it very fitting:  One day a woman was talking to her therapist and she said she didn't love her husband anymore.  Her therapist asked her why.  Her main reasons for "not being in love" were that her husband was not romantic anymore- he didn't surprise her with gifts, flowers etc.  She didn't feel "the spark".  Her therapist suggested that she take the next 30 days and treat her husband the way she was saying she wanted to be treated- give him little gifts, leave him little notes.
 
Do you know what happened when she came back after 30 days?  She said "I couldn't be more in love with my husband"...Yeah, I know it's not a new story & it doesn't happen that way for everyone...but it got me thinking.  It's not just up to the men to shower their spouse with gifts & love.  Men like to feel appreciated and loved too!
Today is about showing appreciation through gifts. Sometimes nothing speaks as loudly as a thoughtful gift or little something that says I love you. Every relationship needs a good dose of "a little less talk and a lot more action" and no, I do not mean that kind of action...at least not until tonight that is =)
 
Leave a surprise gift somewhere unexpected that your spouse will find it. This does not need to be an expensive gift! Something simple like a single rose, a picture of you two dating with a note, their favorite treat with a note that says, “You’re my favorite treat.”
 
Put it in their lunch, car, a drawer…anywhere they will find it and be pleasantly surprised.

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us