Monday, March 3, 2014

Birthday Party Dilemma

All week long my oldest has been so excited to go to his best friends from school's birthday party- at a roller skating rink!

All week long I have been torn- do I drop him off (he's 7 1/2) at the party & find something to do close by or do I stay for 3 hours?  When Sunday rolled around I still didn't know what I was going to do...part of me wanted to let him have his freedom, then the overprotective part kicked in & didn't want to leave him!  What if something happened?

In the end, I didn't feel comfortable leaving the property.  I didn't really know the parents of his friend and there weren't any other kids from his school at the party- so me & the younger one tried our hand (foot?) at skating, then played a ton of arcade games & air hockey.  We all had a blast, & I didn't feel guilty the whole time for staying!

Image credit: google search

At what age would you drop your child off at a birthday party & leave?

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

4 comments:

  1. It really would depend on the age and the friend. My 10 year old is now old enough to be dropped off and left to enjoy himself in most situations. With my 5 year old, it will be on a case by case determination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fall my 5 year old had a Birthday party for a class mate at build a bear and I left the store but didn't leave the mall, just went to the food court...so I have to agree it just depends on the situation...

      At what age did you really feel comfortable leaving your 10 year old at a birthday party? Normally if it's a party at a friends house then I will leave him =)

      Delete
  2. This fall my 5 year old had a Birthday party for a class mate at build a bear and I left the store but didn't leave the mall, just went to the food court...so I have to agree it just depends on the situation...

    At what age did you really feel comfortable leaving your 10 year old at a birthday party? Normally if it's a party at a friends house then I will leave him =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel more comfortable leaving my daughter (age 8) at a place (like a build a bear or jumpy place) than at someone's house.

    I haven't left my son (age 4) alone at all yet, and I think my daughter was 6 or 7 before I left her alone. It always depends on the situation and vibe I feel once I get there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us