Monday, March 31, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: Make Ahead Tips




Make-Ahead Ground BeefI love the idea of making meals a week or month ahead of time so all you have to do is pull them out, especially while following a semi-clean eating diet where meal prep can sometimes take longer (no pre-packaged meals for us!) but of course to have those freezer meals requires that I actually take the time to plan and then MAKE them...that's where my problem comes in!  I am lazy!  I say "next Sunday I am going to do this" then I don't & end up kicking my butt all week for not doing it!

Make-Ahead Shredded Chicken BreastSo I've found a solution that helps cut down on some time for me throughout the week but doesn't require an all day kitchen marathon!  I've started cooking and freezing certain parts of a meal (the meats usually) ahead of time so that all I have to do is pull it out and throw together the rest.


After my shopping trip (usually on Sunday) I will cook up all the ground beef and chicken I have purchased, then add in any seasonings I need for the meals I have planned or think I might want to use at some point (like taco seasoning, sloppy joe, etc.) then separate into freezing containers or Ziploc bags! This has been working so great and saves me some time at least in the kitchen each week!



Do you prepare meals ahead of time to freeze?



About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us