Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Old

This has been weighing heavily on me lately....
 
The back story: A few months ago my (great) aunt passed away; since then my (great) uncle has since been in the hospital a few times sick with pneumonia and fluid building up around heart- he can't breath and is now too sick to go home!  A couple of days ago we got word that they found the problem to be a faulty heart valve that was functioning at only about 30%.  They have had THREE different doctors concur that they could fix this even taking his age into consideration (he's 86).  They were all very confident and as of the other day were prepping him for surgery!  First there was talk of transferring him to another hospital that has a heart center then decided to keep him where he was.  He was scheduled for surgery at 1pm yesterday...
 
There have been just a few times in my life that I have been totally speechless, but when I received an e-mail from my family last night saying my (great) uncle was being released from the hospital with NO SURGERY, I truly was speechless!  After all the prepping for surgery, THREE different doctors saying he was ready & needed the heart valve replacement, he was cut loose with NO explanation to the family.  Just a phone call saying "he's being released come and get him!"  Not even a chance to ask questions about why!  So now he is home, still can't breath due to heart valve not functioning and has lost nearly 20 pounds in the last two weeks.
 
To my dying day I will not understand a "health care system" that cuts a 86 year old man loose to then stand in line to be seen at the cardiac clinic.  A man who served our country and risked his life for our freedom is being denied needed medical care, but what can we do about it?
 
I feel like Americans were fed a bunch of lies when Obamacare came into play.  We were supposed to have "affordable" health care.  This was supposed to help bring healthcare to Americans who needed it...but the ones with insurance are now being turned away?  The one thing I can say for sure is that I am 100% happy I no longer work in the medical industry anymore!


 






 

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us