Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Ahead

This weekend we had to set our clocks ahead an hour for day light savings time.  Most parents dread daylight savings time because it tends to mess with not only their children's schedules, but also their own.  My kids are older now and it really doesn't affect me so much...

Or so I thought!  Someone decided it would be an awesome idea to explain to my oldest son how daylight savings time works...bad idea!!!  It's hard enough for an adult to comprehend why we have to do this...let alone my 7 year old!  He didn't react the way I thought he would though...


He is so mad about it!  He said he can't believe that this has been happening for years and no one told him.  He is now boycotting DST!  Do you realize how tiring it is to constantly have to fight with him over what time is actually is?!


Me: "It's 7:30, time to get ready for bed"
Him: "Well, mom, technically it's 6:30 so I am not getting ready for bed yet"
Me: "Actually, it's technically 7:30 so yes you are.  We aren't going by the before time, we are going by the time it is now"
Him: "Well I'm not.  I didn't change my clocks.
Me: "Fine then, your new bedtime is 7:30 old time so go get in the shower"







About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us