Thursday, April 17, 2014

Speechless

I know I have said this before, but I just love the connections I have made through blogging. It amazes me how a group of people who have never met can come together and form friendships and support each other so much.  Of course, with those connections sometimes comes drama and sadness as well.

I can remember tons times when I have felt pure joy for my group of friends...and also sadness- like when my phone started going off a few years back from text messages from blogger friends telling me about the death of Sweet Baby Mason.

This weekend, the last thing I expected to see getting on Facebook was that the daughter of a girl in our little circle has passed away.  Sweet little Avery was only 2 years old.  She was such a fighter too! 


Avery was born at just 23 weeks gestation, during her first week of life she weighed only 15oz and was 11.5 inches long. She was diagnosed with Congenital Sucrase-Isomaltase Deficiency (among other micro preemie related things) and was fed a special formula with a tube in her belly. But she was SO happy and such a joy to everyone's lives. 

 
Every day, thousands of babies are born too soon, too small and often very sick. Avery died in her sleep of natural causes.  This was totally unexpected from her family since she was doing so well and thriving!  I have been praying every day for Avery's parents and 7 siblings!  I can't even begin to imagine the pain that they are going through right now and in the days to come.
 
Although both of my boys were born full term and healthy, Avery-and many other babies like her- have inspired me to walk in the March of Dimes walk this year!  I want to feel like I have done something to help spare these parents from going through that pain.
 
Please watch the following video of baby Wards first year...it its both wonderful and heartbreaking (at least the beginning) at the same time!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us