Thursday, May 22, 2014

#loveyourbody

So often lately I have been hearing so many women say what they hate about their bodies, or that they are getting discouraged with their weight loss efforts because their bodies aren't doing what THEY want it to do.  In my fitness group, so many of these ladies are getting so discouraged because their weight isn't pouring off them or they aren't getting stick thin.  It really makes me sad!  I am trying to help them focus on getting healthy, not skinny. 
 
 
I am not on this journey to be stick thin- I want to have a healthy life and body so I can enjoy my kids and teach them to be healthy too.  I should be able to enjoy my kids and life while on this journey though!!  Today is my Bella-Boo's first birthday and you can darn well bet I will be enjoying a piece of cake with my family! Does that mean my whole diet is screwed up?  NO!  Because I allow myself that freedom, and guess what?  I don't crave the junk anymore because I know it's not "forbidden" like it always has been when I diet! 
 
I don’t have a six pack and I don’t want to do what is required of me to have one. Life and health is about being balanced in mind, body and spirit. It means enjoying holidays, bike rides and even that popcorn at the movies with your children! 
 
 
I am still the same person despite what size I am. My size doesn’t define me, but my struggle does. You can’t win if you’re lean, if you’re overweight or if you’re at a healthy weight because somebody will always criticize you. Live your truth and do what’s right for you!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous post! A few years back I wrote a post about how my weight loss efforts were actually skewing my daughter's view of "healthy" bodies. I shifted my focus on health rather than numbers and on activity rather than calories burned.

    Thanks so much for sharing (and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us