Monday, June 9, 2014

Making Money For Being Healthy?

For most people ... fitness is its own reward: Just being healthier. Looking better. Feeling more confident. Being able to eat a few more calories.

But the more active I am the more I pay attention to what is out there in the "fitness world"- I've noticed some programs that give you a little something back for your fitness. Even though I am working out for myself, I thought I'd check into what else I could get since I was already doing it!

One health & fitness rewards program I have been using quite a bit lately is Achievemint.  Achievemint lets you earn rewards for tracking healthy activities on the applications you already know and use! Tweet something healthy on twitter, check into a gym on foursquare, log your steps with a pedometer, snap a healthy picture on instagram or track your food with myfitnesspal and you get points for all of your healthy posts!

Once you reach 50,000 points, you get a $50 virtual Visa gift card e-mailed to you!  50,000 points seems like so much, but they have a decent points system, so if you're pretty active with your apps, it can add up!

These are just a few examples.  From what I am seeing, you get 30 points for each entry on MFP, 20 for a healthy instagram picture tagged as #health or #fitness.  If you post the picture to FB also, you get 20 points.


So how are they able to pay people for doing stuff they would do anyways?  AchieveMint rewards are sponsored by companies that want to promote healthy activities. They do sell your activity information (not your name or anything, just info about how you're using the apps, etc.) to companies that want to understand health trends.

I haven't hit my 50,000 points, but since I don't have to do anything to earn points, I figure I'll leave it connected and see what happens!  I'll be sure to follow up if anything new comes up!

Do you participate in any fitness rewards programs?  Do you like them?

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us