Monday, June 9, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: Low Carb Taco & Lime Chicken

 
 
I decided to do something I said I wasn't going to do- go on a diet!  I am not a big fan of "diets" and eating clean and healthy has always worked for me...but I feel like I've hit a wall and needed to re-evaluate my healthy food choices, for now. 

I've decided to do a low-carb eating plan for 2 weeks...I am 3 days in and it feels as though I will not make it!  I am having serious fruit withdraws here people!! Fruit was always my way to curbing my sweet tooth...but I ate a lot of it!  So...meats (which I didn't eat enough of at all) and low carb veggies are basically my only options right now...I am taking this as a learning expeience though and looking for new ways to spice up some boring foods (aka chicken) along the way!

This is probably one of my new favorite low carb chicken recipes right now!

Taco & Lime Chicken (grilled)
 
You will need:

  • 3-4 medium to large skinless boneless chicken breasts
  • 1-2 limes
 
For the taco seasoning:
 
Directions:
  • Preheat grill to medium high heat.
  • Place DIY Taco Seasonings into a bowl.  Stir to combine. {you can use taco seasoning from a packet as well}
  • Put chicken breast or tenders in a large bowl or Ziploc bag.  Rub seasoning over the chicken (both sides).
  • Cut lime in half.  Squeeze the juice of both sides of the lime over the chicken and seasonings. 
  • Stir chicken around with the mixture. (Using a Ziploc bag works well for this step!)
  • You can marinate chicken for 1-5 hours, or grill immediately.
  • Once ready to cook, place chicken on the grill.  Grill each side for 5-6 minutes.
  • Slice chicken into slices and squeeze juice of the last lime over top.  *I didn't do this step and my chicken was still delicious!!*

 
I grilled up enough to have for lunches all week!  If you are not following a low carb diet, this chicken would be perfect with a tortilla as a chicken taco!  Since I can't do that just yet, I am pairing my chicken with different veggies all week for a super delicious lunch!
 
 
 

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us