Monday, July 14, 2014

My Story...

I was recently asked to share my fitness story.  As I sat down pen in hand to write it I drew a blank!  How can I write so many things and yet not be able to come up with one word about my story!?

Well, all it took was a little digging and looking at this picture:

Photo: As I sit here looking at this picture, I seriously can not believe that the person in that before picture was me!  I try to think about how I got to that point & I really dont know.

After Wyatt was born I told myself I was going to lose all the baby weight & then some...and I did. I followed a weight watchers program and lost 30 pounds...but life & stress got in the way and I let it all get to me.  I stopped thinking about what I was putting into my body because...well I LOVE food and it was a temporary fix to a bad day!  I was crabby and miserable because I wasnt happy with what I was doing to myself.  Ive tried different diets over the last couple of years but always gave up...even if it was successful!

Finally one day I just said 'enough is enough!' I joined a clean eating group and lost 5pounds in 1 week...I loved the way I felt! I kept up with my eating & decided to restart T25 (i started a few times before but gave up!). I told myself there was NO giving up this time...and I DID NOT give up!! I lost 28 pounds and over 10 inches during the first 2 rounds of T25!

I'm excited to continue on with my journey!! Who would like to join me along the way?
These are my T25 Results!


I seriously can't even believe that the person in that before picture was me! I have been siting here for awhile looking at this picture & trying to figure out how I ever let myself get to that point. The truth is, there isn't any one thing, it just happened over time.

I never struggled with weight growing up...I was never the most athletic person, but I was never over weight.  I'd like to be able to blame it on having kids, but even that's not the case.  After my youngest was born I decided I wasn't going to let my weight get out of control...I joined weight watchers and was super successful- I lost 30+ pounds!

Then life set in...due to financial reasons I had to go back to work & just let everything get to me.  I stopped thinking about what I was putting into my body because...well I love food and really it was a temporary fix to a hard & stressful day!   I was crabby and miserable all the time. 

I've tried different diets over the years, but always gave up- even if it was successful!!  I started and quit T25 THREE different times!!

Finally, one day I just said "enough is enough!" I was sick of the miserable crank person I had become and I wanted a change!  I joined a free 7 day clean eating group, and LOVED it!!  I loved everything I learned about good, clean foods and I even lost 5 pounds during that week!! I was happy and actually enjoyed how I felt!  I decided to restart T25 and I told myself there was no giving up- and I didn't!

I have lost 28 pounds and over 10 inches and I am far from done!! I'm excited to continue on with my journey!! Who would like to join me along the way?

If anyone is interested, you can friend me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/nichole.quigley.716

 

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

2 comments:

  1. Great work girl!! You've come so far and I know you're gonna rock it out to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a friend request on Facebook. I swear I could have wrote what you did. I was actually very thin in high school and weight was never an issue and I was not into sports at all. I had a baby and lost all that weight. My weight came on as life got more stressful and busy with raising my daughter and work.

    We all have our own journey and our own battles and it looks like you are on the right track. Keep it up and whatever goals you set for yourself you will achieve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us