- Stay organized. Make a list of everything you need. Take note of what you have left over from last year, and don’t double up on anything unless necessary. Nothing’s worse than buying a car-load of school supplies and realizing after you get home that you forgot the glue sticks, or that you had 6 extra ones at home!
- Make a budget, and involve the kids in the process! By setting a budget, you are limiting your spending and saving money, and involving the kids will teach them to shop responsibly. It’s win/win!
- Make sure the store you choose has everything on your list. Don’t waste gas driving to 4 different stores just to pick up some school supplies (especially with gas being over $3.00/gallon!). Go to your neighborhood superstore (like Target or Wal-Mart), where you know they’ll have it all, and at low prices!
- Choose the right time to go. This is an important one. On one hand, if you go too early for the supplies, you miss all of the back to school sales. On the other hand, if you go during the sales, you risk getting trampled by all of the other parents who had the same idea. And if you wait too long, all of the supplies you need will be sold out, so it’s important to plan ahead- watch your ads!!
- Check your social networks for discounts. More and more retailers have been turning to Facebook to promote their sales and discounts! Some offer coupons just for liking the page, and others do things like ask their fans to upload a photo of themselves wearing the company’s brand. Either way, it’s an easy way to save some money, so why not?
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Back To School Tips
It’s that time of year again, when we shuffle the kids off to school with their new supplies and new outfits. Unfortunately, in this economy, it’s hard to save money when your kids grow out of their clothes every other week! So how can you save money when shopping this season? Here are a few tips on keeping your wallet full while filling up your shopping cart.
Here's a few things on MY back to school list for lunches!
Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.