Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Clean Eating Spaghetti

 Sometimes a girl just needs a big bowl of pasta! Well, maybe not BIG…haha! One of my all time favorite dinners is spaghetti!! I also get cravings sometimes for Burger with fries, pizza, nachos and popcorn!
 
You want know what’s incredible about clean eating? All of these things can be turned into a clean, wholesome and healthy recipe! All of these foods can still taste delicious but not leave you feeling like complete weighed down crud! As long as you follow your healthy portions and the clean eating principles you’re good to go!
 
 
Ever since I did the low carb thing, I have been craving pasta... but we all know what the carb over load feels like right!? You become exhausted, weighed down, bloated, gassy…YUCK! This recipe will keep you from feeling that way but still allow you to enjoy your Spaghetti!
 
Clean Eating Spaghetti W/ Meat Sauce
 
 
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 Box of Whole Grain Angel Hair pasta (with angel hair pasta the texture is less grainy and gritty. When eating whole grain pasta, the thicker you go the grittier)
  • 1 Jar of Basil and Garlic tomato sauce (chose organic or the container with the least amount of ingredients).
  • 2 LBS of Grass Fed Beef (85-90/15-10 ideally)
  • 4 strips of nitrate free Bacon (optional, but oh so delicious.
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 half small onion
Instructions:
  1. Mince garlic, dice onion and pan fry until cooked completely. Chop bacon slices and pan fry with garlic and onion. Once Bacon is lightly cooked, add beef. Pan fry beef until cooked. Once beef is cooked all the way through and mixed with the other ingredients add tomato sauce. Cover pan and let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
  2. Boil water and cook pasta.
Makes 4-5 servings.
*1 serving= 1 cup of pasta, topped with 1 cup of pasta sauce and meat.

Add a side of green veggie for perfection!  Enjoy with a glass of wine!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us