Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cucumber Salsa

We did a backyard garden again this year...but the husband decided to plant TONS of seeds- so now we are getting TONS...and I do mean TONS of cucumbers...I am not complaining because they are like my favorite veggie, but I don't want them to go bad...so now I have to get creative!!

Checking out Pinterest the other day, I found the perfect summer recipe using cucumbers and all of the cherry tomatoes we're getting (oh yeah, we have tons of those too!)-Cucumber Salsa!

Cucumber Salsa
makes about 3 cups

IMG_4738
photo credit: google

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber (about 2 large cucumbers)
  • 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 4-1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
  • 1/3 c reduced-fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips.

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us