- Downscale holiday plans and expectations. Keep the focus on family, on meaningful traditions and simple activities that replenish rather than exhaust.
- Ask your children what they most love about your family's holiday. You may be surprised by their answers!
- Whether you're decorating, baking cookies, or making gifts for grandma, remember that the process is more important for your child than the outcome. Keep it simple, and you and your child will enjoy it more.
- Create small special moments in every day. Go for a sledding adventure or a winter nature walk outside. Turn off every light in the house at dinner time, light candles, and invite everyone to be perfectly still and perfectly silent for a minute.
- Celebrate the holidays as a season of giving and doing for others. Grab the kids and head next door to shovel an elderly neighbor's walkway; make Christmas cards together for the mail carrier; deliver soup to a friend with the flu and focus on gifts that give back. Watch as your children begin to discover the secret pleasure of small kindnesses, offered with love. PBS KIDS provides a unique solution for parents looking for presents with a purpose, offering a new line of sustainable toys in partnership with Whole Foods.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Tips To Simplify The Holidays
Every year it seems I get a little less into the Holiday Spirit...do you ever feel that way? I was talking to my mother in law this weekend and we both came to the conclusion that we're just not feeling it this year. How sad though! Normally I am excited about putting the tree up and seeing Santa and even buying presents. I have a little confession to make right here...I haven't started my shopping yet! I know, awful right!? Normally I am done and wrapped by now...guess what I'll be doing this weekend!?
The spirit of the holidays can sometimes get lost in the hectic holiday season. But there are easy ways for parents to help their family simplify and embrace the season this year, including these tips from PBS Parents:
Tips to Simplify the Holidays
What tips would you add to this list to help Simplify The Holidays?
Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.