Monday, January 12, 2015

Best Bang for Your Gift Card Buck

If you have a fat wallet this time of year, chances are it’s not stuffed with cash—rather, it’s full of gift cards. A 2014 survey conducted by the National Retail Federation reported found that gift cards are the most requested gift item, and have been for the past 8 years. The average gift card purchased was worth $45.16.
 
The bottom line: Lots of people have $25 and $50 gift cards right now that they are looking to spend.
 
But just because a gift card may feel like free money, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to stretch it like you would a dollar.
 
These tips from mobile shopping app and website ShopAdvisor will help you make the most of your gift cards this year:
 
  • Most gift cards don't have an expiration date, so bide your time.  ShopAdvisor can alert you when an item you're eyeing drops to a certain price.
  • Years' worth of shopping data shows that deals are better on weekdays than on weekends.  If you can sneak out to do some shopping Mon-Fri you may be able to grab more loot for your gift card.
  • Keep a budget in mind and stick to it, whether you are only willing to spend the gift  card amount itself, or have committed to adding some of your own cash to fund the purchase.  ShopAdvisor collections such as Everything Under $100 or $10, Tops! can lend some great inspiration, and be sure to keep you on budget.
 

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us