Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine Party Ideas For Kids

This year I am in charge of putting together my oldest son's class parties.  I have been having so much fun finding fun things for them to do- and they are having fun seeing what I come up with next!  We decided to do a Valentine's Party this year and I think I've got a pretty good game schedule so far!

Here are some fun class party ideas I've come up with so far:

We are going to do "minute to win it" style stations...I've found it's easier to break the kids up into smaller groups...it's a little less chaotic that way!!

Cupids Arrow:
You'll need...
  • 1 box of wide straws. (the basic grocery store straw with stripes.)
  • I box of Q-tips
  • 2 large bowls (heart shaped are cute, any dollar store has plastic heart shaped bowls right now)
  • Masking tape
The Object...
  • The team with the most arrows through the heart in one minute wins!  
Divide the class into two groups. Place a heart shaped bowl in front of each team and place some tape about 2 feet back from each teams bowl. Each team member needs a straw and the team needs a large pile of arrows (Q-tips). Tell the "Cupids" they have one minute to get as many "arrows" into their heart as possible. To do this you must place the straw in your mouth, load it with an "arrow," and then blow the "arrow" out the end of the straw towards the heart bowl.
Stacks of  Love:
You'll need...
  • Enough conversation hearts for each kid to have at least a handful
  • Prize for the winner
The Object...
  • The person with the tallest stack in one minute wins!
Give everyone a scoop of conversation heart candy.  Tell them to see how high they can stack them without it falling over.  If you stack falls over, you must start again.  The person with the tallest stack in one minute wins!
Suck It Up 
You'll need...
  • Enough conversation hearts for each kid to have at least a handful
  • 1 straw for each kid
  • Small dessert size plate for each kid
  • Prize for the winner
The Object...
  • The person with the most hearts on their plate in one minute wins!
Give everyone a scoop of conversation heart candy.  Use a straw to suck up the conversation hearts, making it stick to the end of the straw.  Transfer the hearts from one pile to the "winner" plate.  The person with the most hearts on the plate in one minute wins the game!

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us