Monday, October 12, 2015

Homemade Apple Chips

Last weekend we took the boys apple picking for the first time since they were little.  I guess I didn't realize how long it'd been since we'd done something like that, but they were so excited!  I loved  seeing the joy on their faces trying to pick just the right apples to keep.  So needless to say, we ended up with quite a few fresh Fuji apples (my favorite!)

While I was peeling and coring an apple to bring to work, I ended up slicing them really thin, so I thought why not try my hand at making some apple chips!?  They are perfect to munch on at work, and pretty healthy too! 


 I love this recipe because it is super simple, with only 2 ingredients- apples and cinnamon! 
You can also try them with white granulated or brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, or any other topping you want to match your mood.



Homemade Apple Chips
Prep time: 5 mins    Cook Time: 180 mins    Yield: 3 Cups

Ingredients:
2 Apples, cored
1/2 tsp cinnamon

  1.  Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
  2. Thinly slice apples, removing seeds, or use a mandoline.
  3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  4. Place apple slices on parchment paper, do not overlap.
  5. Sprinkle cinnamon (or  on the apple slices.
  6. Bake one hour, flip slices over, sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
  7. Bake 2-3 more hours until apples or no longer moist.
  8. 6 servings @1/2 cup each.

About the Author

Hi there! My name is Nichole!

I have a passion for fitness and helping others!

My family IS my life. I know how hard it can be trying to juggle it all. My goal is to live a long, healthy life to see my children grow up, so our fitness and health is very important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I'd love to hear from you!!

I reply to comments via e-mail so make sure your e-mail is set up so we can continue the conversation!

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Contact us